Here are some help you during an emergency:
Only Call 9-1-1 to Report:
A serious crime
Any serious medical condition
Any situation requiring immediate response of Police, Fire or Emergency Medical Personnel.
The 9-1-1 Operator Will Need to Know:
Address of the emergency
Phone number you are calling from
Nature of the emergency
Stay calm, speak clearly, be prepared to answer questions, receive instructions and stay on the phone until you are told to hang up!
At the Emergency
Have someone wait at the street to direct the fire and police departments to the emergency.
If you are a witness to the emergency, stay at the scene to provide emergency personnel with information.
If you are asked to move or leave the area, DO IT! The firefighters and police officers are looking out for your safety.
Remember, things can become very hectic in an emergency. Firefighters and police officers need to do their job in a safe way.
Fire Prevention Information
Emergency Vehicles and You
When an emergency vehicle has its lights and siren on, it is responding to an emergency. It is the law and YOUR responsibility to:
- Pull to the right side of the road and STOP until the emergency vehicle has passed.
- Give all emergency vehicles the right-of-way.
- Keep back at least 200 feet from an emergency vehicle when it is responding with lights and sirens.
- Do not drive over fire hoses.
- Drive carefully around an emergency scene.
In an Emergency… Can you be found?
Are your house numbers clearly labeled either on your mailbox or your house?
- Use LARGE VISIBLE NUMBERS
- Use REFLECTIVE NUMBERS on BOTH sides of the mailbox
- West Seneca Town Code: House numbers shall be affixed to the structure in a prominent location, facing the street and next to the front door or, if no door is present, next to the corner of the structure closest to the driveway.
- House numbers shall be at least four inches in height.
- The numbers shall be so placed that they will not be obstructed by trees, shrubbery, porches or other extensions of the building.
- Wherever practicable, said numbers shall be placed near some light, or source of illumination, so that they may be readily seen at night